Last Updated April 25, 2022
What information do we collect?
We collect information when you create an account or use the Services. We also collect information you share with us from third-party social network providers, and technical and behavioral information about your use of the Services. We also collect information contained in the messages you send through our Services. More information about the categories and sources of information is provided below.
Information you choose to provide
For certain activities, such as when you register, upload Content to the Services, or contact us directly, you may provide some or all of the following "information":
• Registration information, such as age, username and password, language, and email or phone number
• Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image
• We collect Content through pre-loading at the time of creation, import, or upload, regardless of whether you choose to save or upload that Content, in order to provide the Services or provide personalized recommendations. If you apply an effect to your Content, we may collect a version of your Content that does not include the effect.
• Content, including text, images, and video, found in your device’s clipboard, with your permission. For example, if you choose to initiate content sharing with a third-party platform or choose to paste content from the clipboard into the Services, we may access this information stored in your clipboard in order to fulfill your request.
• Payment information, including payment card numbers or other third-party payment information (such as Stripe or PayPal) where required for the purpose of payment.
• Your phone and social network contacts, with your permission. If you choose to find other users through your phone contacts, we may access and collect the names and phone numbers and match that information against existing users of the Services. If you choose to find other users through your social network contacts, we may collect your public profile information as well as names and profiles of your social network contacts.
• Your opt-in choices and communication preferences.
• Information to verify an account such as proof of identity or age.
• Information in correspondence you send to us.
Information we obtain from other sources
Third-Party Services. We may collect information about you from third-party services, such as advertising partners, data providers, and analytics providers.
Other Users of the Services. Sometimes other users of the Services may provide us information about you, including through customer service inquiries.
Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other publicly available sources.
Information we collect automatically
We may automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Services, including internet or other network activity information such as your IP address, geolocation-related data (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Services), and Cookies (as defined below).
We collect information regarding your use of the Services and any other Content that you generate through or upload to our Services.
We collect certain information about the device you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, user agent, mobile carrier, time zone settings, identifiers for advertising purposes, model of your device, the device system, network type, device IDs, your screen resolution and operating system, app and file names and types, keystroke patterns or rhythms, battery state, audio settings and connected audio devices. Where you log-in from multiple devices, we may be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices. We may also associate you with information collected from devices other than those you use to log-in to the Services.
We collect information about your approximate location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. With your permission, we may also collect precise location data (such as GPS).
Image and Audio Information
We may collect information about the images and audio that are a part of your Content, such as identifying the objects and scenery that appear, the existence and location within an image of face and body features and attributes, the nature of the audio, and the text of the words spoken in your Content. We may collect this information to enable special video effects, for content moderation, for demographic classification, for content and ad recommendations, and for other non-personally-identifying operations. We may collect biometric identifiers and biometric information as defined under US laws, such as faceprints and voiceprints, from your Content. Where required by law, we will seek any required permissions from you prior to any such collection.
When you upload or create Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your Content the metadata may be able to describe how, when, where, and by whom the piece of Content was created, collected, or modified and how that Content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that may enable other Services users to trace back the Content to your user account. Additionally, metadata includes data that you choose to provide with your Content, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
How we use your information
We generally use the information we "collect":
• To fulfill requests for products, services, Services functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback.
• To customize the content you see when you use the Services. For example, we may provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen or show you content that is similar to content that you like or interacted with.
• To send promotional materials from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third parties.
• To improve and develop our Services and conduct product development.
• To measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising.
• To make suggestions and provide a customized ad experience.
• To support the social functions of the Services, including to permit you and other users to connect with each other through the Services and for you and other users to share, download, and otherwise interact with Content posted through the Services.
• To use Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Services.
• To understand how you use the Services, including across your devices.
• To infer additional information about you, such as your age, gender, and interests.
• To help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Services.
• To prove your identity in order to ensure that you are old enough to use the Services (as required by law), or in other instances where verification may be required.
• To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our Services.
• To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
• Consistent with your permissions, to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising and other personalized content.
• To inform our algorithms.
• To combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
• To facilitate sales, promotion, and purchases of goods and services and to provide user support.
How we share your information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and while we do not sell personal information to third parties, we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect for business purposes.
Service Providers and Business Partners
We may share the categories of personal information listed above with service providers and business partners to help us perform business operations and for business purposes, including research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, administering contests and special offers, technology services, deliveries, sending communications, advertising, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing. These service providers and business partners may "include":
Payment processors and transaction fulfillment providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but who do not receive your message data.
Customer and technical support providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically.
Research providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but would not receive your payment information or message data.
Cloud providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically.
Advertising, marketing, and analytics vendors, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but would not receive your payment information or message data.
Within Our Corporate Group
We may share all of the information we collect with a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate of our corporate group.
In Connection with a Sale, Merger, or Other Business Transfer
We may share all of the information we collect in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sales, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
For Legal Reasons
We may disclose any of the information we collect to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Pylon AI, Inc., the Services, our affiliates, users, or the public. We may also share any of the information we collect to enforce any terms applicable to the Services, to exercise or defend any legal claims, and comply with any applicable law.
With Your Consent
We may share your information for other purposes pursuant to your consent or at your direction.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, in connection with your use of the Services, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Services, in accordance with their privacy policies. If you choose to allow a third-party service to access your account, we will share certain information about you with the third party. Depending on the permissions you grant, the third party may be able to obtain your account information and other information you choose to provide.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Services, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while using the Services. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at the email or physical address provided in the Contact section at the bottom of this policy. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise choices on your behalf, please provide evidence that you have given such agent power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification. We will verify your request by asking you to send it from the email address associated with your account or to provide information necessary to verify your account. We do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have.
You may be able to control some of the information we collect by adjusting your browser settings to refuse or disable Cookies. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your choice to disable Cookies is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you disable Cookies, so you may need to separately disable Cookies for each type of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you. Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested Services.
Depending on the version of the Services you are using, you may be able to decide whether you see certain types of interest-based advertising on the Services by visiting your in-app settings.
Your device may have controls that determine what information we collect or how we can use that information. For example, you can control whether we can use your mobile advertising identifier for advertising through settings on your Apple and Android devices.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails.
If you previously chose to share precise location information, you can prevent your device from sharing precise location information (e.g. GPS location information) with the Services at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
If you have registered for an account, you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
Security and Storage
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
Third parties with whom we may share your data as described herein may be located outside of the United States.
International Transfers of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information outside of where you live, when we are legally required to do so, we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place.